Beeswax is an excellent addition to cosmetic products, for many reasons here are a few and why we love it.
· When used in lotions and creams, beeswax creates a barrier which helps to seal moisture into the skin. This is especially beneficial in lip chap during the dry winter months.
· This barrier also helps to protect the skin from environmental toxins and irritants.
· Unlike petroleum or petroleum jelly based products which is used in a large variety of beauty products, beeswax will not “suffocate” the skin, but rather, allow it to breathe while still providing a protective barrier.
· Beeswax helps to thicken homemade cosmetics and lotions because it is solid at room temperature and has a relatively high melting point of 147 degrees Fahrenheit. This is especially helpful in recipes that include high amounts of coconut which has a low melting point, or other oils that are liquid at room temperature.
· Beeswax also has Vitamin A, which improves hydration to the skin and promotes cell regeneration.